Sunday, 9 March 2014

GINS Post #8: Word Art

      For our almost final task we were asked to choose a quote from our GINS novel that we thought was the most powerful and make in into a piece of word art. I chose "A good mother is someone who raises children well and gives them love and security." from The Flying Carpet of Small Miracles by Hala Jaber. I chose this quote because I believe it sums up what Jaber learned throughout the novel. At the beginning she wanted to be a mother more than anything and she was devastated because she couldn't give birth. However as Jaber's mother explains in the quote above that you can be a mother by providing love and security which Jaber does to several children including to Ali a young boy whom she wrote about and managed to get donations to send him to a proper hospital to get the help he needed and she also helped Hawra in more than one way. 
      When making the quote pretty I choose the four words I thought were the most important in the whole quote and made them the first colour that came to mind when I thought of the word. The image of the playground I made black and white because I wanted the eye to be drawn to the mother and child. I decided to use a playground as a background because that's the classic thing I think of when I think of a mother and child going somewhere together. 
     Stay tuned for another post sometime next week with my final GINS challenge. 

Images from:
http://www.peaceforthejourney.com/walking-mom/
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/18153754

No comments:

Post a Comment